- Salman Taseer (May 31, 1944 – January 4, 2011)
- “Mera azm itna bulund hae Parae sholon se dar nahin, Mujhe dar hae tu atish e gul se hae Ye kahin chaman ko jala na dein.” Taseer – (tweeted, January 3rd)
“Phir hamiin Qatl hon, aayen yaaro chalo.” Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer was attacked and killed in a firing incident in Islamabad’s Kohsar market Islamabad on January 4th, 2011 by one of his security guards. May his soul RIP.
- Raymond Allen Davis
Raymond Allen Davis, a CIA contractor killed two men in Lahore on January 27, 2011. A third Pakistani man was also killed when a car sped down the wrong side of the road on its way to aid Davis On March 16, 2011, Davis was released after the families of the two killed men were paid $2.4 million in diyyat.
- World-Cup (Semi-final) 2011
The “Mohali cricket ground-(India)” proved to be an unlucky venue for Pakistan, when on 30 March 2011 India won the semi-final match against Pakistan by 29 runs.
- Osama Bin Laden (March 10, 1957-May 2, 2011)
Osama Bin Laden, leader of militant group, Al-Qaeda was martyred in a military operation named Operation Neptune Spear by CIA on May 2, 2011.
- Outbreak of Dengue Fever
In November 2011, more than 21,204 people were reportedly infected of the Dengue fever. According to the last reports more than 170 people died of this fatal virus.
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf Jalsas
Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf hled a huge public gathering at the venue of Minar e Pakistan on October 30, 2011. The number of fans of Imran khan showed up as community and not just a crowd. The largest gathering in the history of Political Jalsa’s in Pakistan was there to
witness bring the long awaited change/revolution in the country. A much bigger gathering was later held on 25th December Jalsa of PTI, where karachi-ites(residents of Karachi) showed up their support for PTI.
- Rehman Malik – The Doctor
Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ibad conferred an honorary doctorate on Interior Minister Senator Abdul Rehman Malik at a special convocation of the Karachi University held at the Governor’s House on October 12, 2011.
- No Balls, No Cricket.
Muhammad Asif, Muhammad Amir, Salman Butt along with the bookie Mazhar Majeed were trailed for the spot fixing case in a cricket match against England and were handed out the jail terms on November 3rd, 2011.
Mazhar Majeed, the players’ agent, was sentenced to two years and eight months.
Butt for 2 years 6 months, Asif for 1 year and Muhammad Amir for 6 moths.
- Moin Akhtar(24 December 1950 – 22 April 2011)
The death of an Iconic comedian – Moin Akhtar on 22nd April 2011 was another great loss for Pakistan this year.
- Pakistan won the test series in New Zealand after 17 years
- Pakistan clinched the three-Test series against Sri Lanka at Sharjah.
- Pakistan won the ODI series against Srilanka at Sharjah.
With Best wishes for 2012.